Multinational baking giant Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV of Mexico City has unveiled what it claims are the world’s first oxo-biodegradable metalized polypropylene snack bags. The packaging uses additives (d2w) developed by Symphony Environmental Technologies. According to Symphony CEO Michael Laurier, The packages degrade between three and five years after the end of a product’s predetermined useful life span.
Grupo Bimbo CEO, Daniel Servitje, stated that this action is part of the Grupo Bimbo Program: “Committed to the Environment,” within which, Barcel has spearheaded efforts to make its processes and all those in GB lead to improvements in five Program Areas:
- Reducing emissions into the air
- Saving energy
- Saving water
- Comprehensive solid waste management
- Entrepreneurial social responsibility in environmental affairs.
I’m wondering: PR message? Greenwashing? Or Real environmental benefits?
- How this product is profitable in environmental terms?
- How this product helps to produce less waste in the environment?
- The polypropylene degrades, what about the metalized coating?
Vous pouvez consulter ici le dossier sur les plastiques oxo-biodégradables