The international jury for the Pentawards, the first worldwide competition devoted exclusively to Packaging Design, presided over by Gerard Caron, announce their 2008 list of winners.
The Piper Heidsieck Rosé Sauvage champagne bottle, signed by the Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf, presented to the competition and produced by Sleever International, wins the Diamond Pentaward for Best of the Show 2008.
The Platinum Pentawards, which crown the best packaging in the 5 major categories, are:
- Beverages Category: Turner Duckworth, USA, for Coca Cola Aluminum
- Food Category: Pemberton & Whitefoord, UK, for Tesco Tortilla Chips
- Body Category: DesignBridge, Holland, for Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+
- Other Markets Category: Aekyung, Korea, for Spark
- Luxury Category: Dentsu Kyushu, Japan, for Yaoki Saké
27 Gold Pentawards have been awarded, as well as Silver and Bronze Pentawards.
All the winning designs can be seen on the site thedieline.