I will be presenting at the upcoming 2011 TAPPI PLACE Flexible Packaging Symposium scheduled for April 5, 2011 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida USA. This symposium will take place one day prior to the start of the ICE Show.
My talk entitled: "Bio-coated Paper-Based Flexible Packaging: Functionality and Sustainability" will be focused on the application of bioresin on paper-based flexible packaging.
1. Biopolymer-coating: sustainable and functional barrier
2. Bio-resin extrusion coating: dedicated screw and dryers
3. Trends: volatile oil prices; energy security concerns; environmental benefits; favourable regulatory initiatives; and the improving performance and competitiveness
4. The distinctions are subtle but significant: not all bioplastics are created equal and there are a lot of misleading claims out there
5. Education: has to be a combined effort from resin makers, converters and the companies that will be selling these products to the consumer
I look forward to seeing you in Orlando!