The recycling rates of packaging materials were as follows:
- More than 66% of steel packaging (mostly cans) was recycled.
- About 72% of paper and paper¬board containers and packaging was recycled, including 81% of all corrugated boxes. • The recycling rate for aluminum packaging was about 38%, including almost 51% of aluminum beverage cans.
- Around 31% of glass containers was recycled
- About 22% of wood packaging—mostly wood pallets—was recovered.
- Almost 14% of plastic containers and packaging was recycled, mostly from soft drink, milk, and water bottles. Plastic bottles were the most recycled plastic products. Recovery of high-density polyethylene natural (white translucent) bottles was estimated at about 29%. PET bottles and jars were recovered at 28%.